Coconut oil is one of our favorite ingredients as it is incredibly versatile to give a creamy consistency a variety of foods, such as banana ice-cream, hummus, kefir cheese, and vegan nut cream cheeses. Besides the gourmet touch it adds to these foods, it is also has great nutritional properties! Here they are:
- It is high in natural saturated fats which increase healthy cholesterol (HDL) in your body, while converting bad (LDL) cholesterol into HDL.
- A natural antibiotic.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Studies have shown that coconut oil can prevent cancer from developing.
- Contains lauric acid, which is known to reduce candida.
- Improves digestion and metabolism.
- Coconut oil maintains a high smoke point, and can be consumed cold or hot safely.