Dates can be a healthy and natural way to sweeten your drinks and smoothies. Here are some benefits of consuming dates:
- Excellent source of energy.
- Rich in essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorous, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
- High levels of soluble fiber which promotes healthy bowel movements. Serves as a prebiotic, allowing the fiber to pass through your upper gastrointestinal tract undigested and nourish the healthy bacteria found in your colon.
- They have significant amounts of manganese, selenium, copper, and magnesium strengthen bones and make them ideal for people with osteoporosis.
- Contains high levels of iron.
- They are highly alkaline, balancing the acidity in our body and reducing inflammation.