At our wellness retreat, the overall benefits of our therapy for athletes are:
- Decrease in anxiety, stress and/or depression
- Enhanced sense of well being and mental focus
- Improved sleep patterns
- Identification of areas of tension or soreness to be addressed before an injury occurs
- Kinesthetic feedback that helps create a positive state of mind. Athletes feel muscles relax and joints decompress, leading to greater ease of movement.
The physical benefits aimed in our wellness retreat are:
- Improved range of motion and tissue flexibility
- Reduction of cramps and spasms
- Relief of trigger points and tender points
- Reduction of adhesions
- Enhanced circulation of blood and lymph
- Massage improves local venous flow, which in turn creates a momentary decrease in capillary pressure that empties capillary beds
- Hyperemia- an increase in the quantity of blood in the capillary network, increasing the range that nutrients in the bloodstream reach.
The main techniques used in our wellness retreat for massage are:
- Friction- compression and stretching
- Rhythmic compressions
- Cross fiber.