Some ways you can benefit from cacao:
- It has the highest source of magnesium and chromium found in any food, with magnesium being the most common deficiency in the average human.
- It is rich in numerous other minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorous, copper, sulpher, and manganese.
- It is high in flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory and immune system benefits, known to protect your heart and improve circulation.
- PEA or phenethylamine is a mood enhancing compound found in cacao, known to release endorphins and improve the libido.
- Boosts brain levels of serotonin, the feel good brain chemical.
- Contains polyphenol antioxidants which protect cells from premature aging.