These amazing root vegetable could almost be considered a superfood! Here is why:
- They are a huge source of vitamin A, which is an antioxidant powerhouse with anti-aging and cancer prevention benefits.
- The B6 and potassium content found in sweet potatoes is very helpful for heart health.
- One sweet potato contains half of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, a vitamin known well-known for its beauty benefits.
- Maintain a low glycemic index despite their sweet taste.
- Contain the minerals manganese and magnesium, which among many benefits, promotes relaxation.
- Solanaceas (potato, tomato, eggplant, peppers) are contraindicated for osteoarthritis, but the good news are that sweet potatoes are actually not potatoes as they don’t belong to the solanaceae family!